Alters #1 (Mr)
(W) Paul Jenkins (A) Leila Leiz (CA) Brian Stelfreeze. From a diverse team of creators composed of differing genders* gender identities* ethnic backgrounds and sexual orientations comes a groundbreaking new series featuring the world's first transgender superhero! As the world struggles to accept the emergence of a new kind of mutant species known as alterations* or "Alters*" a young woman begins her transition from male to female only to find herself also transitioning into a powerful Alter. Faced with persecution by the multi-powered fascist known only as Matter Man* she will face the world as Chalice--a hero for a new age. But as Chalice navigates the path to becoming her true self* she must juggle the complications of her civilian life and the responsibilities of her newfound power. This groundbreaking series--years in the making--begins the saga of a young woman who can only really be herself...whenever she is not herself.
- Comic cover art is provided by the publisher and is subject to change. Comics will have "Trade Dress" (Title, issue number, barcode, etc.) unless specifically noted.
- Please note Shipping Dates. If an order includes items with mixed shipping dates, the order will not be fulfilled until all items are received by the distributor. If you wish to receive an item(s) per the shipping dates, please make sure to place separate orders accordingly.
- Items are subject to delay from estimated shipping dates. Factors include: receiving damaged stock from the distributor, mail carrier conditions, or unexpected high volume of orders.
- Please note* All comics marked as "Preorder" are not available to be cancelled or refunded.
- Store exclusives are also not available to be cancelled or refunded, please be sure to double check your order before completing your purchase.
- Condition is not guaranteed – we do our best to provide the most optimal condition possible, however between printing mechanical errors, distribution shipping and handling, etc., it is impossible to guarantee a flawless comic every time. You should expect a condition grade of at least a 9.2 or higher unless specifically noted on new titles. Possible admissible defects include: printer burn, cover art and trade dress not perfectly centered, minimal wear, or other conditions out of our control.
DCDIOC - 20161104RD - 20161109